The Writing Program is committed to supporting students as they study and practice writing in academic, civic, and professional contexts. Our social media platforms reach out to students in order to promote the Writing Program, celebrate student writers, and cultivate an online writing community. We are seeking a current UCSB student for the position of Social Media Assistant.
The successful candidate will work closely with Writing Program faculty in order to plan, revise, and execute an effective social media plan. The Social Media Assistant will also be encouraged to bring their creativity, insights, and voice to enhance our social media presence and appeal to UCSB students.
- 5-10 hours per week
- Create a social media plan that cultivates an online writing community at UCSB
- Write and design regular social media posts
- Track analytics
- Support online engagement in order to reach a larger portion of the UCSB student population
- Cover letter explaining any relevant experience and pitching your ideas for social media content that will support student writers and promote the Writing Program.
- One-page résumé.
- Optional: any sample content or links to social media accounts.
Apply through Handshake or email Dr. Patricia Fancher at email@example.com
November 16, 2020 - 6:25pm