We realize that travel to Santa Barbara and hotels in our lovely town can be quite expensive. With this in mind, we've arranged conference rates with the following local hotels.
10% off, mention UCSB Writing Conference
Just one block from the beach, this boutique hotel was rated one of USA Today's Ten Best Art Hotels.
20% off, mention UCSB Writing Conference (if booking online, use UCSB STAFF promotional code)
Located in the trendy Funk Zone neighborhood, this chic hotel includes both private and shared hostel rooms.
Ramada Santa Barbara
20% off, mention UCSB
Close the campus, this eco-friendly hotel offers reasonable, modern rooms and lush grounds.
The Goodland Hotel (Kimpton)
20% off, mention UCSB Visitor rate (if booking online, use UCSBV promotional code)
This California style hotel features surf-culture nostalgia and vinyl turntables in each room, close to campus in Goleta.
Hotel Santa Barbara
Discounted midweek rate for Thursday, mention UCSB
$10 discount for Friday and Saturday nights (must be booked together)
Elegant yet warm, this historic area hotel is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by shopping and restaurants.
Belmond El Encanto
Discounted rates for Thursday; Friday-Saturday as available, mention UCSB preferred rates
This iconic Santa Barbara hotel is a Forbes Five-Star resort, for those looking to combine conference attendance with a glamorous getaway.
The Santa Barbara Airport is a short 1 mile from campus.
Amtrack has frequent trains in and out of Santa Barbara, and there are trains that go to downtown Santa Barbara as well as Goleta, which is closer to UCSB.
University of California faculty can receive a free day pass for parking in Lots 16 and 18 by asking at the UCSB Information kiosk. Others may purchase a pass from the machines located in the parking lots.
Directions to the Information Kiosk
The information kiosk is located in the University Plaza. To get to the kiosk stay right as you enter campus from Highway 217. Take a left on University Plaza. You will be able to receive a free parking pass for the day by showing your UC identification card. Parking lots 16 and 18, the Mesa Garage, will be on your right. Parking lot 16 is divided into Visitor and Non-Visitor parking. Park accordingly so as to avoid an unintentional ticket. Parking lot 18, the Mesa Garage is designated for all Visitor parking.
Directions from Parking Lots 16 & 18 to the Corwin Pavilion and University Center
Head back towards the Information Kiosk
From the kiosk walk straight down into campus past Cheadle Hall
Continue straight, down past the Davidson Library the and Music Building
Go down the set of steps
Corwin Pavilion and the University Center will be on your right
Check-In will be at the Corwin Pavilion
The interactive Campus Parking Map
The interactive Campus Map
- Lots of great day hikes in the mountains around the area.
- Rent a kayak or SUP at the harbor.
- Rent a bike and explore town!
- Visit beautiful local beaches: Leadbetter, Hendry's, Goleta.
- Urban wine-tasting downtown.
- Visit the historic mission, or Santa Barbara Historical Museum.
- Visit our beautiful courthouse and check out the view from the clock tower.
- Shop all along lower State Street
- Explore Stearn's Wharf
Places to Eat & Drink:
- Cajun Kitchen - great diner for breakfast/lunch
- Crushcakes - cafe for brunch or lunch, also a cupcake bakery
- Brophy Bros. - seafood on the harbor
- Los Agaves - best tacos!
- Milk & Honey - trendy tapas, good for a date, good happy hour
- Good Lion - cool cocktail bar
- Elsie's Tavern - cash only dive bar
- Red's Bin 211 - good local bar in the Funk Zone
- Mesa Verde - best vegetarian food.
- C'est Cheese - great cafe, cheese shop