Featured Campus Events
Thursday, February 15 at 4pm in the UCSB Library Instruction & Training room 1312: The Texture of Life: Memoirs and Other Life Stories--A Panel Discussion with David Marshall (Professor of English and Comparative Literature), Heather Steffen (Postdoctoral Scholar in English and the Chicano Studies Institute), and Shirley Lim (Professor Emerita, English).
Monday, February 26 from noon to 1pm in HSSB, McCune Conference Room, 6th floor: Facilitating Connections to the Campus and Community: Students as Participant Researchers--A Panel Discussion with Melissa Barthelemy (Ph.D. candidate, Public History) and Kathy Patterson (Continuing Lecturer, Writing Program). RSVP: http://apps.id.ucsb.edu/
Tueday, April 17 at 12 noon in UCSB Library's Special Research Collections: A special tour of the exhibition, Botanical Illustrations and Scientific Discovery--Joseph Banks and the Exploration of the South Pacific, 1768-1771 (see exhibition details below).
Tuesday, April 3rd at 8:00pm in Campbell Hall: Free lecture and book-signing by Hope Jahren, author of Lab Girl, this year's UCSB Reads selection. No tickets needed, but seating is first-come, first-served. Doors open at 7:20pm. Lines may form ealier.
UCSB Campus Architecture: Design and Social Change: through December 2, 2018 In the University Art, Design & Architecture Museum.
Chiura Obata: An American Modern: through April 29, 2018 in the University Art, Design & Architecture Museum.
The James Bay Cree in 1973: through June 2, 2018 in the Art & ARchitecture Collection Exhibition at the UCSB Library.
Botanical Illustrations and Scientific Discovery—Joseph Banks and the Exploration of the South Pacific, 1768–1771: through May 31 in the UCSB Library's Special Research Collections (hours linked here).
Sprawling Neobiotic Chimera (after Banks' Florilegium): through May 31, 2018 in the Mountain Gallery Exhibition at the UCSB Library.
Wonder Women: Finding Women's Voices in the US Comics: through March 23, 2018 in the 3rd Floor Gallery Exhibition in the UCSB Library.
Featured Community Events
Parallel Stories: A Narco History: A Conversation and Reading. Sunday, March 18th at 2:30pm at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art's Mary Craig Auditorium--cost is $10 for non-members.
Featured Community Exhibitions
Crosscurrents: American and European Portrait Photographs, 1840-1900: through May 27, 2018 at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
Campus Venues and Websites
- Arts & Lectures
- Art, Design & Architecture Museum
- Carsey-Wolf Center
- Center for Black Studies Research
- Chicano Studies institute
- College of Creative Studies Events
- Interdisciplnary Humanities Center
- Multicultural Center (MCC) Events
- Music Department Events
- SAGE Center for the Study of the MInd
- South Coast Writing Project
- Theater and Dance Department Events
- UCSB Library Events and Exhibtions
- UCSB Reads 2018
- The Walter Capps Center for the Study of Ethics, Religion, and Public Life
Community Venues and Websites
- The Arlington Theatre
- Camerata Pacifica
- Center Stage Theater
- The Ensemble Theatre Company
- The Granada Theatre
- The Lobero Theatre
- First Thursdays
- Mission Santa Barbara
- MOXI: The Wolf Museum of Exploration+Innovation
- The Museum of Contemporary Art
- PCPA Theatre
- The Presidio
- The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- The Santa Barbara Bowl
- The Santa Barbara Historical Museum
- The Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- The Santa Barbara Maritime Museum
- The Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- The Santa Barbara Public Library
- The Santa Barbara Symphony
- The Soho
- The Theater Group at SBCC